Average Fiber Diameter Analyzer
PMI's Average Fiber Diameter Analyzer offers a simple, fast, and reliable technique for average fiber diameter measurement - a measurement not readily achieved by any other technique. The innovative use of flow permeametry combined with use of sophisticated self-adjusting viscous-flow controller enables testing of a wide range of fibrous samples.
The Average Fiber Diameter Analyzer operates on the principle of flow permeametry. By measuring the flow of a noncorrosive gas through a sample at various differential pressures, one is able to deduct, through a series of equations, the average fiber diameter of the fibers in the sample.
Providing the user with an average fiber diameter measurement in less than five minutes, the main application of the technique is in quality control. Samples tested include nonwovens, electrode components, filter media, fibrous materials, and other porous substances.
The Average Fiber Diameter Analyzer is utilized for this function in several industries, such as:
Learn about how the Average Fiber Diameter Analyzer is the fastest technique for calculating average diameter of fibers in a general sense, and also how it applies specifically to the nonwovens industry.
For more information about applications please see our other technical papers.
- Uses nitrogen or other noncorrosive gases; no expensive gas mixtures required
- Windows-based software handles all control, measurement, data collection, and report generation; manual control also possible
- Compatible with Windows 95 or higher
- Real-time graphical test display depicts testing status and results throughout operation
- Nondestructive testing
- Length of test approximately 5 minutes
- Wide range of acceptable sample types and sizes
- Minimal maintenance required