Porous Materials, Inc > Employment
Career Opportunities @ PMI
Porous Materials, Inc. offers a variety of career opportunities in technical and non-technical fields. As a small but rapidly growing company, we are continually looking for qualified and motivated professionals to join our team.
We invite you to email your resume to the Human Resources Department email@example.com or send it with a cover letter to the address below.
ATTN: Human Resources Department
Porous Materials, Inc.
20 Dutch Mill Rd.
Ithaca, NY 14850
Under general supervision of the Director of Research and Lab Manager, assist in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of moderately complex scientific instruments which characterize the porosity, pore diameter, pore volume, pore surface area, liquid permeability, gas permeability, and density of various materials. The incumbent will provide overall maintenance of the laboratory; clean lab ware, stock media/samples, and order lab supplies, as well as assist in keeping the lab orderly. Occasionally, the incumbent will be required to train and orient other laboratory personnel, new laboratory employees, and customers in how to use and troubleshoot these instruments.
High school diploma, and 1-3 years experience operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repair of research equipment. Experience in data management, compilation, assessment, and analysis. Must be personable, flexible, and have excellent research skills while handling multiple priorities simultaneously. Must be assertive, show initiative, and approach problems systematically. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people to meet the company’s goals. Work independently as well as in a team and prioritize tasks with minimum supervision. Physically capable of performing the functions associated with this position and demonstrate an awareness of safety issues. Lift and move heavy objects 20 pounds or more. Exercise sound and ethical judgment when acting on behalf of the company. Knowledge of and experience with basic computer programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases.
Associates or Bachelors degree in Material Science or related field. Experience with laboratory safety protocols and guidelines. Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
Electronic Assembly Technician
The ideal candidate for this position would have 2 or more years of experience troubleshooting electronic circuitry, as well as installing electronic circuitry and components.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints & schematics
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Knowledge of Circuitry & Electronic Theory
- Familiarity with standard testing tools, including: osciliscopes, multi-meters, and network analyzers
- 2 years or more experience in wiring and assembling elecrtonic components and instruments
- Excellent attendance record required
The ideal candidate for this entry-level position should have some general machine shop experience and be able to operate CNC lathes and mills. The candidate should be able to fabricate, modify, and/or repair mechanical instruments with standard machine shop tools. The position will work with scientists and engineers on developing designs for laboratory equipment.
- 1 - 2 years general machine shop experience
- 1 - 2 years operating CNC mills and CNC lathes
- Computer literate (Windows XP)
- 1 year experience with programming CNC machines
- Ability to read and understand plans, sketches and blue prints
- Be able to maintain a solid attendance record, work Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, and overtime as needed
- 2+ years of machine shop experience
- 2+ years of CNC mill and CNC lathe operation experience
- 1+ year of CNC programming
- ProtoTrak© experience preferred
Graduates of BOCES and any other Machinist Vocational Programs are encouraged to apply.