Welcome to Porous Materials, Inc.
Porous Materials, Inc. is the leading designer and manufacturer of custom scientific instruments for characterization of porosity, pore diameter, pore volume, pore surface area, liquid permeability, gas permeability, density, and integrity testing. PMI also provides consulting services to seek out solutions for characterization of porosity and analysis of porosity. The testing services division of PMI offers contract testing services for a wide variety of tests.
- PMI offers many different types of products to service a wide array of industries.
- We offer many different types of tests with our in-house testing services.
- PMI offers in-house educational courses twice a year - in May and October - that cover many topics relevant to industries world-wide. This Short Course, titled "Advanced Techniques for Pore Structure Characterization; Theory & Practice" goes for three days and involves presentations, demonstrations, and hand-on training with PMI instruments.
- Advanced Pressure Products is PMI's sister company. APP develops the most advanced and efficient pressure and flow control technology for various applications
- PMIAPP Europe offers our European clients and potential customers a chance to view both PMI and APP products on one website.
- View our new and innovative products.
- PMI now offers a company newsletter. Sign-up today and, and you'll be kept up-to-date on our newest machines, Short Course information, and our travels.
PMI Has Paper Published in International Filtration News magazine
Earlier this year, our paper, titled "Criteria for Selection of Pore Structure - Characterization Techniques for Filtration Media", was published in the March/April 2011 edition of the International Filtration News. To read the paper, visit the filtration section of our publications page and click on the corresponding link.
LLP, Simple Porometer, & Cake Forming Porometer Added to Website
PMI's latest technology - the Liquid-Liquid Porometer, Simple Porometer, and the Cake Forming Porometer - are all now available on the website. You can also download a .pdf brochure of each of these machines from it's corresponding web page. As always, if you have any questions about these instruments, please feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to answer them for you.
Dates Announced for the PMI Short Course - May 2013
There's still plenty of time left to register for this May's Short Course. Visit the Short Course section of our website for more information, or register online. From the Short Course Section, you can also download a brochure, view photos from previous courses and read the F.A.Q.'s.
Here are just a few reasons people have come to the course in the past:
- Meet with PMI Lab Technicians and get first-hand experience running your samples on the same machines we use to run your tests
- You can bring up to 10 samples with you to have tested during the week, free of charge
- Catch up on the latest advances in pore structure characterization technology
- Meet and network with peers in a wide range of industries worldwide
- Eat some great food and see some wonderful scenery as we take you around Cayuga Lake for lunches, dinners, and tours
Cartridge Bubble Point Tester
The cartridge bubble point tester accommodates cartridges having a wide range of sizes, facilitates quick and easy loading and unloading of cartridges, performs speedy high volume testing, measures pores on all sides of the cartridge, conserves the wetting liquid by circulating from a storage tank, and ventilates the sample chamber. It has many applications throughout the filtration industry.